UPDATE FOR MARCH 31st, 2023
We are pleased to announce that the hearings that had been scheduled to resolve the City’s objection to our petition for a vote have been postponed pending ongoing settlement negotiations. We have hammered out a tentative agreement that would allow the process to proceed to a vote while retaining the vast majority of non-reps included in our original petition. The parties are finalizing the details of the agreement and we will share those details as soon as the settlement is signed.
We are also pleased that the City has shown it’s willingness to partner with us and has negotiated in good faith. This bodes well for future negotiations.
Once the settlement is finalized, we will proceed to a vote. The Employment Relations Board (ERB) will consult with the parties to schedule the vote. We anticipate the vote will happen within 6 weeks of a settlement. When we vote, we just need a simple majority of votes cast to be “Yes” votes. So, for example, if only 100 people cast a ballot out of the 762 non-reps we’ve petitioned for, we just need 51 or more “Yes” votes to unionize the entire 762!
Our legal expenses are piling up! Please consider donating to our legal fund via Zelle at [email protected] or via GoFundMe at https://gofund.me/df90be83
We will keep you posted and look forward to prevailing in court and to voting in the near future!